Monday, August 13, 2012

Roast Chicken Chimichangas

A few weeks ago J came to visit and usually I am prepared. Prepared as in have the whole menu planned out for his visit, dessert included. This visit I was not prepared in the least, so when it came for dinner on Wednesday night I threw some cookbooks at J and said you pick. It's a good thing I picked a boy who likes food just as much as me and always offers to help me cook, even if I'm a little bossy :-)

Roast Chicken Chimichangas
adapted from: the best of Cooking Light everyday favorites

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups shredded roasted, skinlessm boneless chicken breasts
1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
cooking spray
1/2 cup bottle green salsa
Guacamole

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 500
2. Combine the chicken, cheese, green onions, oregano, garlic and green chiles in a bowl and toss well.
3. Spread 1/4 cup beans down the center of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup chicken mixture, roll up.
4. Place rolls, seam side down, in a 9 x 13 pan coated with cooking spray. Coat tops with cooking spray and bake for 7 minutes.
5. Top with extra cheese and serve with guacamole and salsa.



(we had guac too, but I forgot it in the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment