This past Thursday was Teresa's birthday so birthday festivities took place all weekend. On Saturday we went to the girl's for dinner and of course we just can't show up empty handed. We made Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese frosting (coming soon!) and since the only things that ever come out of this house seemed to be baked goods we thought of the perfect present.
Teresa isn't exactly a regular in the kitchen but she sure does love her treats so we made her chocolate chip cookie mix in a jar so all she had to do was mix up some ingredients and cookies were at her disposal.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix In A Jar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Place mixture at the bottom of a 1 quart jar. Press down firmly.
2. Layer the remainder of ingredients in order listed above. Press down firmly after a new layer is added.
3. Seal with lid and decorate with fabric and ribbon.
Directions to attach:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Beat 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) softened butter or margarine, 1 large egg and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until blended.
3. Add cookie mix and 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional); mix well, breaking up any clumps.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.