Wednesday, October 24, 2012

M&M Cookies

I'm not sure why but this year it seems as though the only times I'm in the kitchen crafting something new is when I'm baking. Usually my baking is getting sent off or hand delivered to Maine (last week someone got two treats in one week....)
Tonight I had to run some errands (aka go to the liquor store and buy wine..for real people,like not for me to consume before a night out..that was a fun sight, me wandering like a lost puppy at the never ending selection of wine. And go to Wegmans, for the second time in 3 days..sorry daddy :-) and I decided I wanted to bake cookies because why not!

These whip up super quick, especially when you have a cute little helper named Tree. Who likes to eat the batter by the spoonful until she gets a tummy ache............

M&M Cookies
slightly adapted from: Dinners, Dishes, Desserts

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups M&Ms

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream together butter, shortening and sugars until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs.
3. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt until well mixed.
4. Using a spatula fold in chocolate chips and M&Ms
5. Scoop small balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden brown around edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment