Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

The Monday after my birthday celebration I was about to walk out the door to ship J his thank-you treats when I got a text from him saying I'm employed I'm a real person! I was so excited for him I think I told everyone I know. I was so excited and it wasn't even me, when I become a real person it will clearly have a week long party to follow the news at this rate.

I wanted to do something for his first day but had no idea what and I just so happen to be going to visit Friday and his first day was Monday so it would be silly if I showed up Friday with a good luck at your big kid job a week in. I found the cutest idea but still was iffy on sending something if I'd be there so soon and Tess reminded me you only start your first job once so it's a must.

I found a fun little idea on Pinterest of paper bags dressed up with a tie and bow tie, and even though J doesn't have to wear such clothes to work, business casual clothes wouldn't have had quite the same affect.



Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
slightly adapted from: My Baking Addiction

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old fashion oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup craisins

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream  butter and sugars until fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture and white chocolate chips and craisins and mix until well incorporated.
5. Drop rounded teaspoons on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes!


These were super easy to make and so, so good. Super soft and the perfect combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment