Because we seem to have a baking addiction...
and we had time to kill before our dinner arrived..
we present you with these babies:
Ooey Gooey Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies
adapted from: Tasty Kitchen
For The Blondies:
¾ cups Butter, Softened
1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 whole Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1-¾ cup All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ teaspoons Salt
For the Filling:
¼ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
14 ounces, weight Caramels, Unwrapped (1 Bag)
¼ cups Heavy Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs, vanilla and pumpkin until combined. Slowly incorporate the remaining ‘blondies’ ingredients into the batter. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly to ensure a smooth batter. Spread about 2/3 of the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
3. For the filling: Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of the batter.
4. Place caramels and cream into a heat-proof bowl. Microwave on high until caramel is smooth and completely melted, being sure to stir every 20 seconds. Stop as soon as it’s melted and smooth.
5. Pour melted caramel over chocolate and nuts. Spread around evenly with a butter knife or spoon. Place dollops of the remaining batter over the top of the caramel layer. Spread those dollops out to try and get a smooth layer of batter over top. (It’s fine if some of the caramel layer is peeking through.)
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. (It might come out with a little caramel on it which is fine. You don’t want batter on the toothpick.)
7. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream or plain!
**Cool completely before serving. Or be prepared to get a whole lot of oozing caramel if you serve it warm. (I speak from experience..hello impatient patty)