Friday, December 9, 2011

Cake Batter Bark

Oh hi. Meet MEM or Maria or Amelia or whatever my desired name of the moment is for them. Their my best friends. And we like to get into major shenanigans. Last year these shenanigans occurred on a daily basis when we all lived together, but now their limited to the weekend and (almost) weekly week day gatherings because our little Amels had to become a big kid. Boo.

A few weeks ago this happened..(tilt you're head I don't know how to rotate...)
 The jist of that was I let Emily dye my hair, minus the purple kitchen floor and purple walls in the bathroom, it was a success! So last night I asked her to redye it, and we bribed her with dinner and baking. A perfect night in our books. One of the things we attempted to make were cake batter truffles, now we love, love, love cookie dough as much as the next person (minus Mariah because she has some odd fear of raw eggs.....) so when I came across these I knew I had to make them, last year we made chocolate chip cookie dough truffles and I think ate the whole batch in one sitting. Needless to say this did not go as planned. You had to melt white chocolate to coat the truffles in, well after two tries of failing to melt we decided to make bark.

Cake Batter Bark

Ingredients:
1 bag of white chocolate chips
4 tablespoons yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted chocolate
Sprinkles

Directions:
1. Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler (or in 30-second intervals in the microwave on 50% power, stirring after each). Once the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and add the cake mix and sprinkles.
2. Tin foil and spray a baking sheet (we used a circle pie pan) and pour the mixture into the pan spreading evenly.
3. Top with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes







This is so terribly addicting.

1 comment:

  1. i literally look like i have ET's fingers. phone home, maria, phone home.

    ReplyDelete