So I have this thing for coconut. Many people look at me funny when I say this because they assume I can't eat it because it's a nut. Well it's not and I can eat it and quite frankly could eat it any time of the day, it's just SO good. Last year I went through a phase of only drinking coconut milk, yum.
Christmas time= so many cookies stocked in the freezer at all times, just calling out my name saying "eat me, eat me" so clearly I do. Aside from Kiss Cookies magic bars are my all time favorite Christmas treat. Also, I do believe it is how we found out that I was allergic to nuts..yet the traumatic experience didn't shy me away from loving these bad boys.
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
6 oz chocolate chips (I prefer chunks)
1 1/3 cup shredded coconut
1 cup nuts (optional, a definite no for me)
1. Preheat oven to 350 line a 9 x 13 pan with tin foil.
2. Melt butter in microwave and pour into bottom of the pan.
3. Add graham crackers over butter and push out to cover bottom of the pan.
4. Pour half the condensed milk over overs.
5. Top with remaining ingredients and finally with remaining condensed milk
6. Press down gentle, bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.