Kinda sorta on a baking spree over here.
Since today was a test day, that meant no work tonight. T came over for so much needed girl time and we whipped up these bad boys. Lucky for her, the grahams needed a good smashing so she could get all her frustrations out.
I'm usually not really a big fan of cream cheese but like these are so good. And I'm a firm believer chocolate chunks make anything ten times better.
Hope the boys finished the cookies and cream bars I dropped off Sunday because their about to get another delivery!
Cooking Dough Cheesecake Bars
adapted from: My Baking Addiction
For the Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
5 tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chunks
For the Cheesecake Filling:
10 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Line an 8 inch square pan with tin foil then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 6 minutes. Set aside.
3. Prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough by beating the butter, sugars, salt and vanilla with an electric mixture until smooth. Mix in the flour on low speed, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla just until incorporated. Pour the cheesecake batter over the prepared crust. Form clumps of cookie dough and place on top the cheesecake batter. Flatten the clumps and distribute over the top. You will use all the dough and it should cover completely.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top feels dry and firm and the entire pan looks set if given a gentle shake.