Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

Oddly enough I have been wanting fall to be here for a few weeks, coming from the girl who lives for the sun and warmth. September 1st marks the beginning of 1. my birthday month (SO close to being legal) and pumpkin season! I think I love pumpkin so much because pumpkin bread was (and still is) my absolute favorite. When I eat it now it reminds me of my momma and home and my childhood. We used to cut slices and slather them with butter then cut them in half and devour. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy.

Last weekend I took a spontaneous trip to Maine to spend some time with J because it's been like foreverrrrr and I just did not want to wait until he comes here next week for my birthday so spontaenously bought tickets to see him without him knowing, then surprise hi! see you friday. Obviously needed to bring treats and since it was September I deemed it appropriate to make a pumpkin flavored treat.

It's a miracle any made it to Maine with the hungry little mouths in this house.

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
source: Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
2 sticks butter, softened
1 large egg
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and beat until combined. Add the pumpkin purball, ee and beat at medium speed until combined.
3. Add dry ingredients and beat at low until just combined.
4. Place remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon for rolling in a shallow bowl.
5. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into 1 1/2 inch ball, roll the ball into the sugar mixture and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes until soft and puffy.


No comments:

Post a Comment