It's time for count down galore!
7 days until Tesshead is back in America Ah Ah Ah!
12 days until licstick is home from VT aH aH aH!
30 days until move in!
I arrived home from a wonderful weekend in Syracuse with my wonderful roommates and I always end up blogging away after this happens. Maybe it's the subtle hints I receive..And starting in 1 week, bye bye to my life hello to spending 24/7 with Tess and Al YAY!
Lemon Poppyseed Waffles with Blueberry Sauce
source: The Nesting Project
For the Waffles:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
6 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp grated lemon peel
For the Blueberry sauce:
1 pint fresh blueberries
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup sugar
1. In a saucepan combine blueberries, lemon juice and sugar.
2. Cook on medium until blueberry sauce becomes thick.
1. Whisk flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl to blend.
2. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and lemon peel in small bowl to blend.
3. Add buttermilk mixture all at once to flour mixture and whisk until just blended.
4. Let mixture stand 15 minutes. Preheat waffle iron according to instructions and spoon batter into waffle iron.
5.Cook through about 7 minutes. Top with warm blueberry sauce.
excuse the poor camera quality..