Monday, July 18, 2011

Muffin Monday

I have a list forever long of recipes I need to put up.Yet, I never get around to it. And I like to post the creations I just made as opposed to ones I made prior.

I also have not made muffins for my mother's office in quite some time. Opps.

She asked  me ever so nicely, and since it's her birthday week and she bought fresh blueberries I gave it a whirl after scowering my favorite blogs to find a suitable recipe.

Blueberry Muffins
adapted from: The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:
3 cups minus 2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
Heavy pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 generous cup plain yogurt
2 cups fresh blueberries
Vanilla Extract
Turbinado sugar (optional) 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 385 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick spray.

2. In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

3. In another large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, cap-ful of vanilla, egg, and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients and stir to a count of 10.

4. Add blueberries, reserving 1/2 cup, to mixture and stir 3 times.

5. Add mixture to well-buttered muffin pans. Sprinkle remaining berries on top and press down lightly. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over top. (Brown sugar can be used instead.)

6.Bake 20 to 25 minutes and allow to cool completely.







1 comment:

  1. These were a HUGE hit! You are spoiling them.

    ReplyDelete