I love blue cheese.
I love pasta.
Combined together? Count me in.
We had this one Saturday night at school. A nice hearty meal before a night of
drinking playing board games. And then we proceeded to have frozen hot chocolate with butterscotch schnapps before we pranced on out for the night. And then ate the rest of this as a late night snack. Shoot.
Oh also. Our heavy cream went missing. Wish I was kidding. I think we made buttermilk instead or used all half-and half? We were too perplexed as to who stole our heavy cream. Needless to say, with whatever we used it still turned out pretty darn good.
Pasta with Tomato-Blue Cheese Sauce
source: The Pioneer Woman
1-1/2 pound Pasta (angel hair or thin spaghetti)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 whole 28-ounce can Diced Tomatoes, drained
Dash of Sugar
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
3/4 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
3/4 cup Heavy Cream
4 cups Baby Spinach
Half-and-Half for thinning
Extra Blue Cheese crumbles, for garnish
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil. Once hot, add the garlic and cook for a minute.
3. Pour in drained tomatoes. Add sugar, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce heat to low and stir in blue cheese crumbles.
5. Add cream and stir, add a splash of half-and-half if sauce is too thick. Cook this for a minute or two, adding more seasonings if needed.
6. At the veeeeery last minute toss in spinach. Immediately toss in the cooked and drained pasta.