Monday, July 11, 2011

Pan Seared Salmon with Spicy Avocado Puree

This one time I was featured in a magazine at school.

It was the first issue of the magazine. I got asked a lot of questions in my interview, like what's your favorite food? That is probably my least favorite question, ever. Don't ask me. I will not give you an answer. Simply because I do not have an answer.

They also phone interviewed both my parents. Fancy.

Then I got to cook for pictures. 

I made Pan Seared Salmon with Spicy Avocado Puree because heck it sounds pretty darn fancy, also I've made it before and it's pretty darn good. And I love salmon. And I love avocados. I usually get my fix of avocados when Alex is home. Because we eat mass quantities of guac. But I am never sick of avocados. And because I visited Alex this past weekend and I am finally blogging again, it's naturally about avocados.

Pan Seared Salmon with Spicy Avocado Puree

Ingredients:
Salmon:
4-8oz pieces of Salmon (2 pounds)
Salt and Pepper
Puree:
3 Avocados
1 Shallot
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tablespoon Parsley
1 Teaspoon Basil
1/2-1 Serrano Pepper (depending on how spicy you would like)
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper


Directions:
Salmon:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Pan sear over high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. Transfer salmon to a sheet pan and bake for 5-8 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
Puree:
1. Puree all ingredients in blender until smooth.
2. Add a few tablespoons of water to thin out and help blend easily.
3. Add some salt and pepper to taste.

To assemble, put a layer of puree onto the plate and top with the salmon.





2 comments:

  1. I like salmon. I like avocados. HINT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too. i think you should have cooked this while we were home :)

    also. i hate that question as well. how do you answer what your favorite food is...it's IMPOSSIBLE.

    ReplyDelete