Being on any form of social media when breaking news about your beloved school's basketball team is unfolding is torture. Pure torture.
Also, being at the mall while you get close to the worst news ever about your beloved school's basketball team is dangerous. Like buy more shoes that you don't need and clothes just happen to find their way into your arms when you approach the cash register.
You'd think we'd all be used to this by now..but nope it doesn't get any easier the hundredth time around. Okay maybe not hundredth time but that's what it seems like this season.
I could really have used a big bowl of chocolate ice cream to drown my sorrows. But that will have to wait 26 more days.
These muffins would do. But there all gone. Shipped off to work Monday morning with mom. But I did sneak one and man were they good.
adapted from: Sweet Pea's Kitchen
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
For the topping:
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preaheat the oven to 350. Line 16 muffin cups with muffin lines (don't use cooking spray).
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Add half the dry ingredients. Beat in sour cream and buttermilk. Finally, add remaining dry ingredients until just incorporated. Batter will be soft and sticky.
4. Make the topping by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
5. With an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into the bowl with the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll around until coated. Place ball in muffin line and repeat with remaining batter. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar on top. (I had plenty extra, I didn't use it all)
6. Bake 18-22 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool slightly then remove muffins from tin.
ps, sorry cousin not a dinner recipe, but I'm sure J-Squared will find these delicious!