Friday, March 2, 2012

Crinkle Cookies

True life I have insomnia. It is currently 3:11 am and I am wide awake.

True life I have yet to chronicle all the cookies we made for Christmas.

My mom and I spent a day long in the kitchen whipping up batch after batch of cookies.

I love, love, love crinkle cookies. They don't always make the cut but this year I insisted they did. So we pulled out the recipe from the book and I'm reading off the ingredients, getting them all out (as I was taught) and then I got down to the directions and realized it said baking soda and I had baking powder out because that's what the ingredients told me! So off I went searching for another recipe and found one exactly like ours just with the correct baking substance we needed.

Crinkle Cookies
source: Two Peas & Their Pod

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup canola oil
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions:
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat oil, chocolate and granulated sugar on medium speed until blended. With the mixer running, add the eggs, one at a time. Next add the vanilla and scrap the sides of the bowl if necessary.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed, scraping down the sides once. Mix until incorporated, 2-3 minutes.
4. Gather the (sticky) dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or over night.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and drop into the confectioners' sugar and roll until all sides are coated. Place on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment