Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A thank you Cookie

I feel like I have filled out application after application since Christmas. Non stop madness between school work and internship applications. Now that I've completed internships, it's on to scholarships. It never ends!

For one of my internships, I needed letters of recommendations and I knew exactly why I wanted to ask as I thought they would be best for the internship I was applying for. I was so grateful that they all said yes without hesitation. It means so much to me that they were willing to take time out of their busy lives to help me and write such well written letters about me. I think each one brought a tear to my mother's eye. To show my appreciation, I did what I knew would bring a smile to everyone's face: baked cookies. These are the cutest little cookie cups. Basically their chocolate chip cookies baked in mini muffin tin topped with frosting. What more could you ask for? I wanted to eat them all. Yet, I couldn't even have 1!


18 days until I can stuff my face with chocolate again. Not that I'm counting. Nor will I stuff my face. Well maybe after this long without it.


Frosted Cookie Cups
source: What Megan's Making

Ingredients:
Cookie Cups:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter flavored shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon water
2 cups mini chocolate chips


Frosting:
1 stick butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2-4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325. Spray 40-48 mini muffin tins with non stick spray and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the sugars and shortening and vanilla until creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then beat in the water.
4. Add the flour mixture, gradually, beating to combine.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and spoon dough into the mini muffin tins about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown. Cool in tins for 10 minutes then remove to cooling rake to cool completely.
7. To make the frosting, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add in milk a little at a time until the frosting has reached a desired consistency. Pipe (or spoon) frosting on top of cookie cups! Top with sprinkles if desired!

1 comment: