Friday, March 30, 2012

Lemony Pasta with Asparagus

I do strange things. Like find something I really like and go through phases of eating that for like a lot of meals. Last night after a painfully long (and boring) day of classes, I made this pasta and what do you know I'm sitting here eating it now for lunch. At 3:15. I needed something nutritious after the spoonfuls of cake batter I shoveled down earlier today.


I'm blaming the cake batter shoveling on last night. Chuck's may have gotten the best of me...

In two weeks, yes two like April 12th I will no long have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (Or Fridays, but I never did). What in the world am I going to do with myself. How is it already April? (basically) Time surely must slow down.

Lemony Pasta with Asparagus
adapted from: Food 52 

Ingredients:
1 pound asparagus
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 pound spaghetti
2 tablespoons butter
Juice of 1 lemon
Grated parmesan
4 tablespoons ricotta
Crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and season with salt. Cook for about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the burner
3. Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water. Drain the remaining water. Add the spaghetti to the asparagus along with the butter. Add lemon juice and toss. If the spaghetti is dry, add some pasta water.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Liberally sprinkle with parmesan and dollop with ricotta. Lastly, sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment