Friday, June 22, 2012

Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

This whole working girl thing?

Totally not.my.thing.

I prefer to eat dinner in the hour of 5 or 6. Not 8 or 9 or 10. I am quite terrible a creature of habit and this whole work thing is changing my daily schedule.

But like these mushrooms make for a quick dinner so when it's 10pm and I'm starving, these are ideal. And they are good. I mean its stuffed with cheese. Three kinds to be exact: mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta. In Italy we cooked with ricotta. Like real life ricotta. Not that stuff we get here in the plastic container. Maybe if I ever get around to blogging about Italy, you'll get what I'm saying about we cooked with ricotta.

Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
source: Elly Says Opa

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
2 tsp. olive oil
2 portobello mushroom caps
1/2 cup ricotta (I used part skim)
2 Tbsp. Parmesan
2 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese (I used part skim)
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
1/2 cup marinara sauce, divided

Directions:
1.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and scrape the gills out of the mushroom caps.
2. In a small bowl, combine half the garlic, 1/8 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Brush the inside and outside of the caps with the mixture, and roast cap-side down for about 10 minutes. If the mushroom gives off water, blot it up with a paper towel.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the ricotta, remaining garlic and Italian seasoning, Parmesan, 1 Tbsp. mozzarella, basil, and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. marinara into each mushroom cap, then stuff with the ricotta mixture. Spoon another 1-2 teaspoons of sauce over the ricotta, then sprinkle the remaining Parmesan and mozzarella over the sauce.
5. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until the filling is heated through and the cheese has melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment