Sunday, June 3, 2012

Raspberry Mango Sangria

I have been in the car to Syracuse the past three days in a row. I am sick of that stupid thru way and the stupid 690 construction that causes bumper to bumper traffic. But I did get to ride in the moving truck yesterday, pretty nifty.

Yesterday was filled with moving furniture. A whole heck of a lot of furniture. And unpacking. Dear lord I would never like to pack or unpack again. It's consumed my life the past month. No more, please. I would have not been able to do any of this without my wonderous parents who both probably broke their backs yesterday and dealt with all my dictating their every move yesterday, thanks a whole lot!!

But, on a positive note the house is coming along and tomorrow two more friends come! This week is about to be crazy. Tomorrow I start my internship (!!) pending I don't get lost downtown, which is a very good possibility. When I come home from that, Mariah and Tay will be arriving shortly after!! Then Friday 913 is getting their first house guest, Jared's coming!! To say I'm excited for this week would be slightly an understatement.

Totally unrelated to any of this, is the recipe below. Other than the fact that I could go for a big glass right now, it's totally irrelevant. But so good. Goes down like water, I advise you to be careful.


Raspberry Mango Sangria
source: Everyday Food


Stir to combine and refrigerate 1 hour (or up to overnight):
1 mango, peeled and sliced length wise
1 cup raspberries
3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
1 bottle (750 mL) rose wine

To serve:
add 4 cups of chilled Sprite and ice



excuse my poor pictures, we were on our way out the door to consume this goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment