Back up to Monday real quick. Waking up at 6:15 to be out the door by 7 to drive back to Syracuse (for the second trip home and back in one weekend), sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on 690 aka miserable, sleepy Meli. Couldn't really tell you what I did at my internship because all I could think about was coming home to my bed. Got my nap in and headed to the gym where I was on my dreaded last five minutes of my work out, so close yet so far when I got a text from J. Thinking nothing of it I assumed it was him responding to whatever mindless thing I had previously told him. Instead this happens:
After 10 minutes of not believing him I finally realized that it was real life and my 17 day countdown until Maine just turned into a 2 day countdown until he'd be here. Naturally next course of action was to bake him treats he could bring on his journey back to Maine..a zillion hours in a truck calls for a perfect excuse to eat cookies all day.
Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
slightly adapted from: My Baking Addiction
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
30 rolos, frozen at least 2 hours
1.Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed or with spoon until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in chocolate chips.
3. Measure dough to about 1.5 tablespoons. Roll into a ball and then flatten in the palm of your hands.
4. Place a frozen Rolo in the centers of the flattened dough balls and form dough back into a ball around the Rolo.
5. Place Rolo stuffed dough balls into the freezer for 15-20 minutes before baking.
6. On cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, place dough balls 2 inches apart.
7. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.