Monday, June 27, 2011

Slacking.

What a major, major slacker I've been lately. In my defense we have been without internet for a week. It's like were pioneers or something. But today I came home and hallelujah we have internet again. And to my defense # 2, this week has been the longest week of my life. Between my first calc test and babysitting 3o+ long hours I've been a bit preoccupied.
Last Friday I made dinner. 

 Part of that dinner was this.



Blue-Cheese Scallion Biscuits

Ingredients:
2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
a few grinds of black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
7 tablespoons butter
2 scallions, finely chopped
2 ounces blue cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk
Sea Salt, for topping

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 425F. 
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, mustard, salt, sugar, pepper, and baking powder if using. Set aside.
3. Dice the butter and toss with the flour mixture until finely coated. Add the scallions and blue cheese and toss until finely coated. 
4. Messy Alert** Add the buttermilk and mix with your hands until it just comes together. Do not over-knead.
5. Form into an 8x8 square on a lightly floured service. Cut into squares and top with a bit of high-quality salt. Bake for 12-16 minutes or until golden. 









1 comment:

  1. These were D--LLLLLLiiii----COUS!!!!!Only better was the blue cheese chicken. Love when you cook.

    ReplyDelete