Last Tuesday was one of the slowest days, ever. Maybe even slower than last last Friday. Why you may ask? Well because Tesshead was finallllly coming home from Europe. Do you know how inconvenient it is to have you best friend on another continent, not in an even close time zone with no texting or phone calls? I don't advise anyone to try it.
So Tuesday night she arrived home and I had lots of time to kill and knew she'd like a treat upon her return so off I went to make cookies. She love, love, loves coconut so when I saw this recipe I decided to change it up a little and add coconut m&m's instead.
Giant Coconut M&M Cookies
adapted from: How Sweet It Is
2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) of salted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup Coconut M&Ms
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix the butter and sugars until they are combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed.
4. Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms – it may be crumbly, but it will come together. Fold in the m&m’s.
5. Divide the dough1/4 cup portions.
6. Shape each portion into a ball with your hands then pull each ball into two equal pieces. Turn each half so that the rough side of the half (what used to be the inside of the ball) faces upwards and then squish both halves together.
7. Place the dough rough-side up on ungreased baking sheets.8. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The centers should be soft and puffy.