Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Infamous Pumpkin Bread

My mothers pumpkin bread is probably the biggest hit among every one. It is essential to have at least 1 loaf in the freezer at all times. Since it's so good and so addicting it just doesn't last long in the freezer, ever. 

I remember eating it as a kid, two slices, slathered with butter, and being in complete bliss. I would be completely fine with eating my weight in pumpkin bread these days. I'm pretty sure Mariah, Emily and I finished half a loaf in one sitting one night..Whoops.


This recipe is so very simple, the hardest parts are 1. not eating all the batter and 2. waiting an hour for it to bake.


Infamous Pumpkin Bread


Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 heaping cup chocolate chips


Directions:
1. Grease 2 loaf pans and preheat the oven to 350.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add oil, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and beat well.
4. Add chocolate chips.
5. Pour into pans and bake for 1 hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment