White Chocolate S'mores Gooey Cake Bars. Welp, that's a mouthful. Once, big, sweet, delicious mouthful that is.
I never can go anywhere without bringing treats and last weekend when I went away, treats came with me, obviously.
I really, really like s'mores. S'mores Brownies, S'mores Cookies, S'mores anything is fine by me! Scary thing is, I have yet to have a real s'more this summer. AH. Only 3 and a half more weeks to get that done.
White Chocolate S'mores Gooey Cake Bars
source: Picky Palate
1 box yellow cake mix
1 large egg
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
4 1/2 full graham crackers
10 ounce bag white chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with tin foil that’s been generously sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Place cake mix, egg, and butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix with hands until a nice dough forms. similar to a cookie dough.
3. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. Layer with graham crackers, white chips then marshmallows.
5. Top with remaining half of dough pressing evenly.
6. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top then bake for 28-33 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top.
7. Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then take a plastic knife and run along edges to loosen marshmallow- it's going to be sticky!
8. Let cool completely then remove bars from pan with foil edges. Cut off all edges if desired, about 1/2 inch each side. Cut bars into squares and serve.
The layering process..
I didn't take a picture of them cut out, I was rather rushed after spending 2 hours at the car place, not that I'm complaining :)