I wish chicken was more interesting to talk about. But it's pretttty boring. Not like brownies and cake.
But chicken is such a staple in my diet. It's so versatile. And chicken cutlets? Oh em geeeee they are so simple yet so good.
And this recipe is so simple. And so good. Go make it for dinner!
Chicken with Lemon and Capers
source: Feast Ur Eyes
4 chicken cutlets
1 tablespoon warm water
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons flour
1.Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk with water.
2. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
3. In a liquid measuring cup, measure out the chicken broth, lemon juice and capers.
4. Heat a large sauce pan to medium-high heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture then into the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Cook chicken in saucepan until brown on both sides and cooked through. Once it's cooked move it a plate and tent it with foil to keep warm.
6. Deglaze the saucepan with chicken broth mixture making sure to get all the brown bits off the bottom. Lower the heat to medium, slowly add the flour whisking constantly until dissolved. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce is thick. Plate the chicken and top with sauce.