Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fat Fluffy Snickerdoodles

I semi fell off the face of the earth this week. And next week I will totally fall off the face of the earth. Last night Rachel and I spent quality time in Whitman until 2am with our accounting book and next week I don't think we'll be leaving until Thursday at 6:20. We have our final finance test Tuesday, Supply Chain and Marketing both Thursday then see ya later Core classes, hello no class Tuesday/ Thursday.

Yesterday I picked out my classes for senior year. Oh, okay..............no.

Yesterday was Koji's birthday and since I deem every night after a test a night free of work I figured I'd make him some cookies to bring over tomorrow. Mariah had mentioned he loved these snickerdoodles she had made before so while she was being an astute student I baked.

Our kitchen is missing half the ingredients I needed, okay maybe two but I made do from borrowing sugar from next door and substituting almond extract for vanilla. And fun fact, almond extract smells awful. And also induces hives upon my face. Lose- Lose.


Fat Fluffy Snickerdoodles
source: How Sweet Eats

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all- purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon cinnamon for dipping


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray
2 Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combined. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix until the dough comes together. Add in milk. If dough is still crumbly, add more milk 1 tablespoon until it comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. After the 30 minutes, roll the dough into balls then dip into cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet and press down lightly with a dork to flatten.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment