Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

The Easter Bunny brought me an ice cream maker, which I was so excited to use but finally got around to using it yesterday morning. A week later, and after a zillion texts from my parents asking if I'd used it yet.

The week after Easter was full of tests, and last weekend we were quite busy bodies as well. Now that I have all sorts of free time on my hands I knew this was the first thing to do. Monday night I ran to Barnes and Nobles and picked up a book full of recipes, after sitting on the floor with all the different books laid out beside me and reading through to find the best one.

Making ice cream brought me back to my Moons day. Last summer Erinn, Allison and I got to create our own flavors then Jeff helped us bring it to life. It was quite the time let me tell you.

Wednesday nights we always go next door to watch Revenge. Since it's been MIA for like a month last night it was finally back on so we celebrated with big bowls of homemade ice cream and caramel sauce. We gobbled it up reallll quick. Also, Tuesday night I sent Jared home with a tupperware for Kevin and he gobbled it up Tuesday night and finished it yesterday morning.

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
source: 500 ice creams, sorbets & gelatos 

Ingredients: 
1 cup whole milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup crumbled Oreo cookies


Directions:
1. Over low heat, warm the milk, sugar and vanilla together in a sauce pan, stirring until the sugar has been dissolved. Let cool, then chill in the refrigerator.
2. Whip the cream until thick and then whisk in the chilled milk mixture. Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions.
3. Freeze until the ice cream is nearly firm, add the crumbled cookies and stir through gently. Place the ice cream in the freezer for about 15 minutes before serving.



1 comment:

  1. To set the records straight: I only sent one text. Your father sent a the rest to make a bizillion. momma

    ReplyDelete