Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Orzo with Chicken and Lemon

I had big elaborate plans of writing a sappy post about the Irish Car Bomb ice cream we made Friday but 1. I forgot to take a picture and 2. I really don't think I can bring myself to write it.

While this past weekend was all things fabulous (including a visit from my wonderful parents), the realization that our time with the boys is dwindling is starting to over take my every thought.

There are so many things to look forward to the next couple of weeks, I'm torn between fast forwarding to the weekends and wanting to hit pause.

All of this has absolutely nothing to do with the recipe I'm posting, just random things going through my head.

But this dish,  is so good. and So easy. Like make it for dinner tonight.


Orzo with Chicken and Lemon
source: Cooking Healthy For Me


Ingredients:
Juice of 1 lemon
1 large chicken breast, butterflied
1 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
zest of half a lemon
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
8 basil leaves, chiffonade

Directions:
1. Zest half your lemon, set aside.
2. In a small bowl, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let sit twenty minutes. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
3. Cook chicken until just about done, remove from grill to a plate, cover with foil and set aside.
4. Bring a pan of water to a boil and cook orzo according to package directions.
5. While orzo is cooking, in a medium sized bowl mix together the sour cream, parmesan, garlic, olive oil, remaining salt and lemon zest.
6. When orzo is cooked, drain and add to the sour cream mixture with the tomatoes and basil.
7. Cut the chicken into strips and place over the orzo.



No comments:

Post a Comment