Instead I decided to bake.
I have this thing for brown sugar. And coconut. And blueberries. Oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon is my daily breakfast. Unless I'm in a cereal phase which then consists of Cinnamon Life with frozen blueberries. And well the coconut thing, I could consume anything with coconut in it, on the daily, if I could. But then I'd have to spend even more time cycling. Fat chance.
Brown Sugar Coconut Cupcakes
makes 12 cupcakes
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/8 cup coconut milk (I used So Delicious)
3/4 cup shredded coconut (heaping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line or spray a cupcake tray.
2.Cream the sugar and butter. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Mix the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and add the milk. Mix until combined
5.Fold in the coconut
6. Scoop the batter into the cupcake tray (I used a 1/4 cup to measure them out)
7. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool.
I have this problem, it consists of lack of patience and I usually under bake things. This time I cut one open just to double check it was actually done.
2 Tablespoons shortening
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup plus extra powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon Coconut milk1/2 cup frozen blueberries thawed
1. Cream the shortening and butter
2. Add 1 cup powdered sugar, coconut milk and blueberries and mix. Make sure to mash up the blueberries.
3. Add more powdered sugar until desired consistency (I used about 1/2 cup more)4. Spoon onto cupcakes and top with coconut