Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let's face it, every blog needs a chocolate chip cookie recipe. At school, it's kind of embarrassing how often we want to make chocolate chip cookies/ how much we actually do make chocolate chip cookies, often just for the dough. Over the next few days there's going to be an influx of recipes and posts (yippee!) because it's going to be a crazy few days with a lot of people and a lot of food circulating through this house.

I have a new job, and that's to make muffins on Sundays for my mother to bring to her meetings Monday morning, so I made these. I have another job, a temporary one, to make cookies for the Engagement shower this weekend, as I was shuffling through cookie recipes I found a million and two for chocolate chip cookies, too boring though. But, one had sour cream, something we don't usually have in the house and my muffins from Sunday had sour cream in them too. That being said, I put two and two together thinking I should really use up the sour cream before it goes bad. Really, I just needed an excuse to bake. And maybe procrastinate in choosing the cookies I'm going to make for the weekend.

Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Let's Dish
makes about 45 cookies (using a melon baller)

I halved the recipe (on her site is the full recipe)


Ingredients:
 1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/8 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 3/4 cup flour
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream the butter and sugars on high speed (she says for 5 minutes, that's just waaaay too long for me to sit with the hand mixture, maybe if I had a Cuisinart, hint hint)
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat (she says for 3 minutes, I did it for probably 1 until my arm got tired)
4. Stir in sour cream
5. Add salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix.
6. Blend in flour 1 cup at a time, or you'll have a giant mess on your hands 
7. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. Place on ungreased baking sheet (whatever size you desire, I used a melon baller)
9. bake 9-11 minutes or until just brown around the edges.













No comments:

Post a Comment