Monday, February 6, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Popovers with Avocado Blue Cheese Dip

I may have found my new favorite buffalo chicken recipe.

Maybe.

At first I was a little skeptical. I am solely a blue cheese as my only condiment with my buffalo chicken kind of girl. Nothing but blue cheese. Especially not ranch. I think I ate that too much as a kid. But when I came across this recipe I decided it only had 3 teaspoons of ranch I could live. And it had cream cheese which I'm not really a fan of either. So why the heck did I even try them? Because they looked so good. And thank goodness I ignored my reservations and made them anyway. Holy moly.

We had quite the spread at our Superbowl gathering: Taco Dip, Ranch Potato Skins, Artichoke Bread, Brownie Batter Dip, Cookie Dough Dip and Buffalo Chicken Poppers


Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Avocado Blue Cheese Dip
source: Iowa Girl Eats


Ingredients:
4oz cream cheese, softened
3 teaspoons ranch dip mix, divided
1 large chicken breast, cut into small pieces
3-4 Tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
1, 8-count tube crescent rolls
Avocado Blue Cheese Dip
1 avocado
1/3 cup blue cheese dressing

Directions:
1. Preheat oven according to crescent roll package directions. Mix together cream cheese and 2 teaspoons ranch dip mix in a small bowl. Season chicken with remaining teaspoon ranch dip mix, and cook in a non-stick sprayed skillet. Toss with buffalo wing sauce, and set aside to cool.
2. Lay crescent rolls out flat, and cut each triangle in half with a pizza cutter. Gently flatten each triangle, and place 1 teaspoon cream cheese mix in the center. Top with a spoonful of chicken. Bring all three sides of the crescent roll triangle to the top, then pinch all three seams to seal. Place on a baking sheet, and bake according to crescent roll package directions.
3. While the poppers are baking, mash avocado until smooth. Stir in blue cheese dressing, and serve with poppers.




Also, fun fact we learned....you can lick someone's elbow (without them knowing) and they won't even feel it. T came across it on Twitter during the game and we tested it out and it was true. It was also quite the site and has become a game for us now. It'll be a great way to meet friends don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment