Friday, February 3, 2012

M & M Bars

Today I got my hair cut. For the first time since summer. I have this thing about getting hair cuts. That thing is..hair cuts are bad. I cannot part with my locks if my life depended on it. It's a problem. So today when I went in I braced myself for the fact that two inches of dead ends might just have to come off, but then I was relieved when she only had to take an inch off. Whew, all that worrying for no reason. I got so excited and texted my mom saying I finally got a hair cut! And when I told her only an inch she replied that's not a hair cut, that's a trim. No, no, no that's a cut in my book.

After my hair cut I zipped into Wegmans because every time I drive by I feel the need to go in. And I wanted sushi for lunch. And I'm nearing the end of my Crystal Light stash. Well. They were all out of Peach Mango Crystal Light. WHAT THE HECK. But I did pick up some Valentine's M & M's and whipped up some cookie bars. In one bowl. Magnificent. Because I hate dishes.


M & M Bars
adapted from: Butter


Ingredients:
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup  Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup White Sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 cup  M &M's


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 and spray a 9 x13 pan.
2. Mix together oil and sugars in a large bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well.
3. Gradually add the flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
4. Add in about 3/4 cup of M & Ms or as many as you desire.
5. Spread the dough into the prepared pan and press the remaining M & M's on top.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes and let cool before cutting.



No comments:

Post a Comment