Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cookies 'N Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies

I did something silly. I gave up chocolate for lent. 40 days of no chocolate. So Tuesday night I got my last chocolate fix for over a month and naturally I finished off the chocolate  cake from the birthday celebration. And it was just as good as it was Saturday. And I really could go for some right now too.

So if I didn't already torture myself enough with the bowl of Cadbury eggs sitting on the table, the Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate sitting on the microwave that I walk passed every minute, I decided to make brownies with four different forms of chocolate. O okay Meli.

I really did it because I got a request for them and it was Thursday at 9:30 and I had yet to make anything to bring to N's the next day. And these were super simple and they looked super amazing. And they were gone oh in about an hour of me being there, so I'm assuming they were super good tasting too.


Cookies 'N Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies
slightly adapted from: Kevin & Amanda


Ingredients:
1 family size box brownie mix
eggs and oil (as called for on the box)
1 over flowing half cup of cookies & cream ice cream
1/4 cup hot fudge topping, plus more for the topping
16 Oreos  


Directions:
1. Preheat oven as directed on the box and spray a 8x8 pan generously with cooking spray.
2. Combine brownie mix, eggs and oil as directed on the box but do not add the water. Add the ice cream and hot fudge to the brownie batter and stir to combine. Pour half the brownie batter into the baking dish then layer the Oreos on top. Add the remaining batter on top. Dollop hot fudge on top of the brownies and swirl with a knife.
3. Bake for 40-50 minutes or as directed on the box.


 Just look at the hot fudge oozing out. Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment