Friday, February 17, 2012

Gooey Butter Cookies

I spent my Friday morning cleaning the kitchen. I figured I would spend it in bed lounging around, doing nothing. Too bad I can't sleep, ever. Even though I have been battling a head cold all week and can't seem to kick it. But I cleaned high and low, even cleaned out the refrigerator and came across a half a block of cream cheese that was from the buffalo chicken poppers so I decided to whip up some cookies I saw a recipe before earlier in the week.

I'm meeting two of my friends to work on homework together later (we have three classes together, aka we spend a lottttt of time together..12:30-6:30 on Tuesdays/Thursdays to be exact) so I thought I'd bring some cookies to help the homework be a little less painful.

Gooey Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 8oz package  cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
 confectioner's sugar for rolling and dusting
 
Directions:
1. Preheat over to 325. 
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. set aside. 4
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese, butter, and sugar together until fluffy. add the eggs and vanilla extract. 
4. Incorporate the flour mixture. chill for at least 30 minutes. 
5. Scoop balls and toss in the confectioner's sugar. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment, a couple of inches apart. Bake until they spread and puff slightly, about 12-16 minutes. they will be really soft in the center. if they start to brown, they've gone too far. cool to room temperature. 


*refrigerate and serve cookies cold out of the refrigerator...these cookies are said to taste much better cold than warm. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment