Thursday, June 9, 2011

Granola Bars

I once made the most killer granola bars, ever. 

We had a granola bar addiction in our apartment all year.

Always on a quest to make the best kind. Because, well the store kind are packed with weird ingredients and half them contain nuts. No can do for me.


Last night I tried to make granola bars half as good as the ones I made last semester, that I clearly didn't write down how I made them.


Chocolate Chip-Craisin Granola Bars

Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole wheat pastry flour (or 1 cup regular flour)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup yogurt (I used honey-Greek yogurt)
1 cup pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla


Directions:
 1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix oats through cinnamon together.
3. Add the beaten egg, yogurt, pumpkin and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. Spread in pan and bake 15-20 minutes (or 20-25 if you prefer crispy bars)














No comments:

Post a Comment