Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sweet Treats

My Friday consisted of:
5 mile run: check.
Trip to Wegmans: check.
Dinner planned and made: check.
Homework for Sunday due: semi-check.
Cookies made for the boys: check.


Friday was rather productive if I do say so myself. But at this point I think I was filling my time up so it would go quicker and 8 o'clock would come faster because then we'd be off to Oswego which meant I got to see Mariah, yay!! and hang out with N's friends who I've adopted as my own after many trips over the past semesters. 


If you recall I made these bad boys back in April and I'm pretty sure all the boys thought they died and went to heaven. Until last night when they had my "sweet treats" that were a "roller coaster of flavors" maybe it was the alcohol talking but after half the bag was gone in 10 minutes and Mike made it his personal job to give everyone there a cookie, and Josh requested me as a personal chef, I'm thinking hoping it wasn't just the alcohol ;)


Anywho, I saw a recipe for cookies that needed white chocolate, milk chocolate and Oreos, I was dead set on not going to Wegmans either so I saw a bag of hugs in the cupboard, okay perfect that's white and milk chocolate and I saw a bag of Oreos in the pantry, good, great. I'd be all set to bake on Thursday. Funny how I am knee deep into the recipe and the Oreos are MIA. Time to improvise. So, here is my adaptation of Triple-Chocolate-Oreo-Chunk-Cookies.

Triple-Chocolate-Cookie-Chunk Cookies
source: Two Peas and Their Pod 
makes 45-50  

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dutch processed cocoa
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 bag chopped Hugs (or 1 cup milk chocolate chunks, 1 cup white chocolate chunks)
1 heaping cup chopped Keebler Chips Deluxe Cookies


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Then, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks and Cookies.
5.Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.









No comments:

Post a Comment