Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Ultimate Snack

Remember how I was on a mission to buy shoes on Monday? Isn't it just my luck they didn't have my size. But it turned out to be just fine because I found shoes I love almost as much, maybe even more than these.

Remember how it's 1:45 am right now? Oh insomnia, how I missed you and thought you only roamed the halls of 121 Farm Acre Road. Where your growling stomach would lead you to the kitchen to munch on the endless supply of pretzels and hummus. And where 90% of the time, you would soon here rustling from another sleepless member stumbling to the kitchen.

True story. Insomnia lived in our apartment, much to our dismay.

So did a tub of pretzels, this tub magically reproduced, duplicated, never. ran. out. It was a sad, sad day when the container hit the curb on move out day. Along with an endless supply of pretzels, was an endless supply of hummus. It was a rare, and scary day if there was no hummus in the fridge. We went through it like mad men, we used it on anything and everything. 

I had always wanted to make my own so I finally did it because I found a recipe for Roasted Garlic AND Red Pepper Hummus all in one. Hello, the only two kinds we every buy.

Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Hummus
source: Heather's Dish

Ingredients:
2 can Chickpeas**
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Water
1/8 cup Lemon Juice
1/2 bulb Garlic, Roasted
2 jarred Roasted Red Peppers
Salt, to taste

Directions:
1. Roast the garlic- break apart the bulb- leaving skins on the cloves, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil. Pop into the oven at 300 for 30-40 minutes, until soft.
2. Add all ingredients into food processor until creamy.

**My full intention was to buy 2 cans of chickpeas..but then this happened..So I had to cut the recipe in half..and it's gone..already..


No comments:

Post a Comment